Friday, February 22, 2008

Andy's 100 factoids

So I challenged Andy to come up with 100 facts about himself to put on here and he did it (even though he swore he would only be able to come up with about 10) so here's a few things that may help those who don't know him (which I think is everyone right now ha ha) get to know him :)

1. My favorite colors are blue and green
2. I am a die-hard Utah Jazz fan, yes even when i become a Colorado citizen my loyalty will be with the Jazz.
3. I have scalped tickets before in Utah (tons of fun and I ended up sitting on the second row!)
4. I love food, as my stomach will attest. As long as it is not blue cheese or alive, I will eat it.
5. Generally when I go out to eat at a restaurant I will not order off the menu, I will just ask them to fix me something (you get the best stuff this way)
6. I had my first 22 rifle when I was nine
7. I have only gotten in two fights, received a bloody nose on one, and broke the kids nose on the other. (parents never did find out on that one)
8. I had detention twice in school, parents did not find out. I used the excuse of missing a test when I was sick and had to stay after school to make it up.
9. I like all the seasons, but fall is my favorite.
10. I often relax by taking drives by myself, usually into the mountains close by. I have a couple places that I used to regularly go to think things out.
11. New Years Eve is one of my favorite holidays, even though I am not a real party animal I have always enjoyed it.
12. I have a weird fettish of having to see the clock say 12:34 (1-2-3-4) if is even ten minutes away I will watch it till it says it. Yeah, I am weird.
13. I love bubble baths, hey it is manly
14. I love surprising other people with fun "little" things, look out Tara :-)
15. I am very witty, and not often to i fine a match, sometimes this is my downfall...
16. I really like to bird hunt, shotguns have become my favorite gun to shoot.
17. I like to lounge around in my PJ's, yes this is another manly thing.
18. I really love to cook different things, and to cook for others especially small groups.
19. I thought that I had been in love 3 or 4 times before, but realized that I had not tasted love till I married Tara.
20. I have been in one wreck in my life, about 3 months after getting my first vehicle.
21. I have only worked for 3 companies in the last 12 years.
22. I love to play board games, card games, etc. but lose my interest in computer games very quickly.
23. Even though I suck at it, I really like to play basketball. I am the short, fat guy that keeps begging the others to play another game.
24. I like to pick huckleberries in the wild, slow and time consuming but I have done it all but maybe 2 years since I was old enough to remember.
25. I love music on at all times, in the house, in the car, at work, different types of music motivate me.
26. I have a knack for being to sleep when I want. If i really want to sleep the T.V. could be on max volume and it would not stop me.
27. I get comfortable in the weirdest positions, ask Tara.
28. I don't call myself a Republican or Democrat. Whomever has the best views, I support.
29. I like to fish through the ice, what other way to spend the day than to sit on an ice cube.
30. I like to hunt, but also enjoy going and just watching animals in the wild.
31. I am left handed, but do most things with my right. When it comes to eating, both work great!
32. I have always been good with numbers, I really enjoy Taxes, figures, etc. No I am not a geek
33. I hate Geography and History. I could not tell you when a war happened or what little blob on the map represented the country it happened in.
34. Chick flicks normally are my favorite kind of movie, second to a good animated one (Open Season, b-u-d-d-y...)
35. I enjoy trying new things, generally I am up to try anything.
36. I have the most fun at things that do not cost a lot of money, seriously.
37. My family means a lot to me, even though we are dysfunctional.
38. I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way (Had to put that one in to see if you were paying attention.)
39. I seldom read, it is really hard for me to get started. If I ever do though, I cannot put it down.
40. I have been a manager for 12 years, one of the things I have enjoyed the most is watching people make decisions and grow themselves when they have had a hard past.
41. I like flowers, often you will see a fresh bouquet on my kitchen table.
42. I have had a pet pony, goat, duck, chicken, and rabbit, but never a dog or a cat.
43. when i was REALLY young, i wanted to be a fireman
44. I have fished for little brook trout every fall (almost)
45. I like to go out on a boat to fish, but normally fall asleep within the first 2 hours.
46. I like to go to plays and dinner shows.
47. I cannot stand opera, sounds like somebody stomped on their foot and they are unhappy.
48. I am really lucky with radio call-in contests. I have not tried for quite some time, but when I was in grade school I used to always win hams and turkeys in the holiday season.
49. I have only been to one professional concert (Journey/Foreigner)
50. I like Celtic music.
51. I have always wanted to go to Ireland.
52. My dream to go to Alaska and catch a 100 LB halibut came true 124 LBS baby!!
53. I used to have a collection of over 100k basketball cards. I used to sell and make money on them at a young age.
54. I have never learned to swim.
55. I would love to learn how to dance so I do not look like a three legged dog on the dance floor.
56. The only famous person that I have met is Richard Dreyfuss
57. I won the 6th grade math B when i was in the fourth grade.
58. As the result of a dare, I peed off the Rick's college football stadium, luckily no pictures surfaced from the women's housing across the street.
59. My top bowling score was 192, when I was 19. Never been close since.
60. A lot of times I can bowl better between my legs than normal.
61. I used to be able to do a full elk bugle with my voice with no aid of any device, till I hit puberty.
62. When someone is really rude, I tend to try to knock them down a little (bad habit)
63. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. One day....
64. I used to work at subway, and my favorite SLOP sub was BMT (ham, salami, pepperoni,bologna) topped with tuna fish,BBQ sauce, and marinara sauce. dont knock it till you try it!
65. My weakness with money is spending it on others. I am not a clothes shopper, but I will spend money on GREAT food..
66. I like to make others smile, even if it is at my own expense.
67. I actually like talking in front of people if I know what I am talking about.
68. I love to listen to Tara's breathing on the phone at night, hey when you are 700 miles from each other it is relaxing. Makes me wonder if when we live together we will still use our phones at night... ha ha
69. I once through my hip out (for 3 years) by taking out a batch of cookies from the oven. Baking is hard work!!!!
70. I have always wanted to be a bartender for a month, just to mess with the drunks, seriously I think it would be hilarious.
71. I often chirp like a bird when I am working instead of whistling.
72. One thing I look forward to most about having a kid is having tea parties with my daughter.
73. I enjoy putting together jigsaw puzzles in the winter.
74. I like to walk though the downtown streets in the winter in the middle of the night when the big "fluffy" kind of snow is falling.
75. I can change my car's oil, put gas in, and that is about as far as it goes.
76. Even for being short and stubby, I normally have a high endurance level.
77. The most hours I have ever worked in one week is 106, never again, I was young, salaried, and stupid.
78. I generally have a knack for not letting things bother me. Learned how to worry about the things I can effect, and let the others go.
79. I like to weed gardens, yeah weird, but i think it reminds me of childhood when I had to and hated it.
80. My favorite toys are kitchen gadgets. SWEEEEEEEEEET
81. My favorite 2 kids books were "the poky little puppy" and "Pat the Rabbit"
82. I have never been to Disneyland.
83. I get close to people easily and it is hard for me to leave them or move on.
84. I like to make sugar cookies for either Christmas or Valentines
85. I am very sentimental, sometimes probably too much.
86. I can be an insomniac, my bedtimes and eating habits really need to change.
87. I have owned 2 health club memberships before. One of which was a year contract that I went twice (bad investment)
88. I love to play any game or sports with my wife, we are competitive enough to want to win, but do not compromise the fun. Then I can console her afterwards cause she always loses :-)
89. I am not musically inclined, but have always wanted to learn how to play the piano
90. When I sing I sound like an old dog, I wish I could sing better.
91. I enjoy to lay down along a waters edge and listen to it go by.
92. I cannot stand when people lie.
93. I think everyone should work in a customer service related field for six months, it would give them a different outlook on life.
94. I believe that seafood and Chinese should be a mandatory at least one day a week meal at home (sorry babe!)
95. I rarely get mad, it takes a lot to get me angry
96. I think the interesting things about me ran out about 70 numbers ago.
97. The one thing that I can honestly say I cherish above anything else is the time I get to spend with my wife.
98. Myspace, Facebook, WAYN, and all those other sites need to go away.... Generally they are a waste of time.
99. I have always wanted to try sky-diving once, even though I am scared of heights.
100. Yea, the list is done... and the 100th thing about me is..... I am the happiest that I have been in 30 years now that I am married to such a wonderful woman, and it makes me smile knowing that I will be with her for the rest of time and eternity!!!!!! :-)

2 comments:

tamiz said...

HA! I have the same 12:34 fettish! I always point it out to my kids. I'm also a fan of 1:11, 2:22 etc.

HikingHera said...

WOW!!! I made it through ALL 100, good job Andy! Now I feel like I know you better so when you call on the phone and ask me out again I will know who you are. HAHA j/k