Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Spring skate
Over the weekend my friend, her husband and I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and try out rollerblading. I haven't been rollerblading in quite a while but I figured I could handle it. So we got our rollerblades and went over to Sandstone Park and headed out. I quickly discovered how bad my rollerblades suck because the other two were effortlessly gliding along the path and then there was me....pumping frantically just to catch up and keep up (which I never did unless they stopped to wait for me). I decided I need to go buy some "real" rollerblades instead of the cheap ones that I've had forever. So thinking that I could go shopping for them after we were done rollerblading...and then nature decided to tell me different. We were going down a slope and my friend's husband was trying to curve to the right but his blades didn't agree, caught a rock and flipped him into the dirt. You would think that would be a soft landing but he used his shoulder to break his fall and we ended up in the ER for about 3 hours and discovered he broke his collar bone. By then I was grateful for my slow blades and having second thoughts about buying new ones. But I'm sure that won't stop me from getting new ones at some point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had a pair of blades too..while scott and I were dating...it was a blast! Great exercise..but I was always afraid i would biff it! Glad it wasn't you in the ER!!!!:)
Post a Comment