Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Softball and clogs don't mix....
Andy's work was playing a softball game against the store from Pocatello last night. The team from Pocatello was a little shorthanded so they asked me to play on their team. Of course I was excited to get to play instead of just watch. The only problem was I was in khaki capris, a nice shirt and some thick clog sandals. I told them I couldn't run very fast in them and they said that was fine. Made it to second the first time up to bat and then the next time I was up to bat I made it to second again. The person after me hit a really good one so I came up to third and they told me to go home, so rounding third base I made it about 4 feet from home plate when one of my sandals started to slip off. Trying to keep running with the sandal wrapped around my toes it decided to not play fair and tripped me. So down I fell face first into the red sand/gravel. I was fine with the exception of some road rash down my legs, arms, hands and forehead. I laughed it off cuz it usually hurts less when you laugh versus cry. The funniest part was the red sand covered me from head to toe and when I looked in the mirror I looked like an indian. Sleeping was a little painful last night but it was still fun to play! And I made it out without ruining my outfit! So a little tip for anyone that finds themselves in the same situation...run barefoot....it's safer. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are too funny!! You should totally know better..:) Next time, for sure go barefoot!
That is funny! To make you feel better, I got in a wreck on my bike wearing flip-flops the other day and ended up almost tearing off my toenail! OOOOUCH! Dumb.
No problem. If you want me to make a horse for chandler, just let me know. It will cost ya $5. That is for the dowel and fabric I think. Also need to know if you want short hair or long hair. Maybe we should get you a stick horse. It sounds like it might be safer than baseball in clogs for you :P
Post a Comment