Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
FREAKED OUT!!
Chandler woke up this morning saying his body hurt, he was a little toasty to the touch so I had him lay down with me to see if it would go away. Then a little while later he still said he wasn't feeling good and ended up throwing up. So I took his temperature and it was reading at about 100.9, I thought he just caught a bug so I laid him on the couch to watch a movie and a few minutes later his entire body started convulsing into a seizure!! His limbs locked up and his eyes were rolled into the back of his head staring off into space and he wouldn't respond to anything I was doing. So I put him in the car and raced him to the ER. After running some blood and urine tests it was diagnosed as a fever seizure....something I've never heard of. Apparently, instead of his temperature slowly creeping higher it shot up (like going 0-60 in 3.2 seconds in a car) like a rocket and a seizure was the body's reaction to the extreme temperature change. I cannot even express how freaked out and scared I was watching his little body do that!! It really kicks the mother emotions into high gear of worrying about what's wrong with him and feeling totally helpless because you can't do anything for him. But he seems to be doing fine after a few hours, we just have to be aggressive with the fever reducer medicines if he starts getting a fever again. They said there's a 30% chance he would get one again later but it's something that little kids grow out of and we shouldn't be worried about it. I don't think I have ever been more scared in my life!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh Tara! That would have been totally scary! Glad you found out what it was and that he was ok. I had never heard of it before either. Tell Chandler to feel better. Miss that little guy....
OOO my goodness! How scary, Im so glad it wasnt more than that though. My goodness everytime he gets a fever you will be freaked out. I hope he recovers quickly and you to for that matter. How very scary
WOW!!! How scary!! I think I would have freaked out too!!! Blake has been sick with a fever now too for like 5 days..I hope Chan is feeling better...probably more scary for you!
Post a Comment