Monday, August 18, 2008

Huckleberry Finn

Andy's birthday was a couple weeks ago and when I asked him what he wanted to do he said he wanted to go pick huckleberries. Now for those who have never been, like myself, you must possess lots of patience, enjoy the peaceful mountain silence and sitting in mud and bushes for hours. None of these characteristics Chandler possesses apparently. Well, Chandler had enough of it after about 15 minutes so we didn't stay up there as long as Andy wanted but it was still fun to get away and do something new. We went up in the mountains and found a pretty big patch of huckleberries but the darn things don't get very big even when they're fully ripe so you could pick forever and look down in your bucket and it will look like you haven't done hardly anything. No wonder they don't sell them in the stores...they'd probably go for $40 a pound for the pain in the butt they are to pick ha ha
Then we went out to Andy's parent's house and Chandler wanted to go fishing. Andy's parents have a bunch of little ponds that they raise fish in and sell them. Chandler got so excited when he caught a fish.

6 comments:

Linsy said...

So jealous...I LOVE huckleberry picking! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

tamiz said...

They sell them at the farmer's markets in North ID for $40/gallon. Kind of expesive but not worth the time to pick them yourself. I wish you were here to make Kris' baby shower cake!!!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Looks like fun! Ya little boys definately don't have to much patience. Your little guy is adorable though.

KrisJ said...

Very cute! I have to tell you that I keep having people end up on my blog that are googeling cherry blossom murals. So your work is getting a lot of views!

Elizabeth said...

How fun!! I can't believe how big Chandler is!! We miss you guys!

Amy said...

I love that pic of him catching a fish! Priceless:)