Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anniversary getaway

Andy and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on Monday. Once again Andy was sneaky and surprised me! I thought we were just going to go out to dinner when I got home from working in Jackson Hole. But he managed to sneak into the office in Jackson Hole, drop off some clothes, a rose and a note for me. Came back after work and took me out to a place called Bar T 5 Ranch. He also managed to arrange for me to have the next day off of work so we got to spend the night there in Jackson. We had a blast!!

Outside the souvenior shop at the ranch
On our way to dinner and the show in the covered wagon.

Indians were chasing the wagons and yelling and screaming as they raced by.

I got chosen to be the frontiersman's "wife" in a skit they did. (I later found out Andy requested they do something to try and embarrass me)

This is Buckskin asking me to "marry" him.

He threw a fake skunk skin out of his boot at me and it scared me to death.

This is after we got "married". Then he told everyone we were registered at Wal-mart, was getting ready to have me hop on his horse with him and then the Indians came and he took off after them. The "marriage" only lasted about 2 minutes.

The band sang "She'll Be Comin' 'round the Mountain" and they brought people up from the audience to help with the sound effects. This guy was with a tour group from England, was about 70 years old and on his cue he had to say "hey babe".

They also pulled a guy from Japan for the song and his line was "ooh la la" but it came out "ooh ra ra". It was the funniest one!

Most of the songs were really old western songs, but they did sing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" so we at least knew one of them.

Heading back to the ranch in the wagons at sunset.

On Tuesday we went on a 4 hour horseback ride. Not smart if you haven't ridden a horse in a while. We were hurting pretty bad by the time the ride was over and I'm sure we'll be feelin' it tomorrow at work! But we went clear into the mountains and crossed creeks and had lots of fun. My horse only wanted to eat and eat and eat some more the entire ride so I spent most of it kickin her and pullin her head out of the grass.

We also stopped by one of those old-fashioned photo places and had some fun playin an outlaw and a bar maid.
So serious
I tell Andy he spoils me too much but I'm so glad he is my husband and loves doing stuff like this for me. Even if it's something little or something big, it's great to know how much he loves me and cares about making me happy. I love him with all my heart and I'm so glad he is a part of my life!!



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

happy anniversary you two!

The Petersen's said...

OH Man! That looks like so much FUN! I am so glad you are happy! Congrats on the Anniversary! Guess what Jeff and I did for our ten year...went to IHOP...wah wah!